The Masshole diaspora has a deep bench of "Undeniable” talent on which PM will build better Planned-Man versions of our best selves. Tweet
'Massholes' are not just exceptional Bostonians any more. They may have started in Mass...
...but they had a plan and they reached the top. Do likewise!
Now there is: Planned Man—you’re welcome.
The good news is there’s a genuine depth of “undeniable” talent that will make men better.
The Masshole diaspora has a deep bench of “Undeniable” talent…
My baby brother, Mike, makes the best case for “Massholian Exceptionalism.”
Growing up, whenever some fucking, la-de-da jerk—more often than not, a friend of mine from elsewhere—would overlook Massachusetts’ important, cultural contributions to America, he had the Schoolhouse Rock! pitch that drew blood.
The Masshole diaspora has a deep bench of “Undeniable” talent on which PM will build better Planned-Man versions of our best selves:
- Bill Burr: the stand-out comic of this moment in time. Planned Man announced yesterday its desire to give William Fredrick Burr—as soon as he will accept—its not-yet-coveted Lenny Bruce Award.
- Joe Rogan: this guy has some manly range: comedian, ring commentator. He’s a black belt’s black belt. But Mr. Rogan’s gift to the world is the Joe Rogan Experience—a trip that is showing the way forward in a shared, sane lane. Come back after checking out this spinning, back kick.
- Dave Portnoy: the lucky guy who made fame and fortune the easy way—he gave men what they wanted: sports and gambling. The girls and pizza are enjoyed as well.
- Mark Wahlberg: after watching HBO’s Wahl Street—an attempt to capture the kinetic day of the just another band out of Boston—this American entrepreneur’s going to scale across multiple platforms. It’s exhaustingly great TV and a great, American story.
- Dana White: the man who successfully birthed a global sport. The UFC was born for less-global reasons: a Brazilian-jujitsu family, The Gracies, wanted to prove they were the best fighters. They made their point—and some money. Dana White—debts aside to The Gracies, Joe Rogan, the Fertitta Brothers, et al—created a global, safe space for the “Are You Ready? Are You Ready? Let’s Get it on!” expression.
I hold the value of these Guys to be self-evident—but they are deserving of continued praise. We will make the case here, in the best of all “Wicked Pissa” ways, that there’s a path toward a better, Planned Man future.
Bill Burr pushed back perfectly, when he endured some woke, PC, take-the-knee grief:
“Stop it… Grow up… Go out and start your own shit… Nobody cares. Makes no difference if you have a dick or a twat between your legs. Don’t look for quotas to come to your aid. Become undeniable,” Burr stated confidently and proudly.